Friday, February 23, 2007

Spontaneous crafting (unfortunately not by me)

Last night, while looking for a pen to take to trivia night, I found my crochet needle. I've been planning to learn crochet for a while. There are some folks out there doing very impressive things - Monster Crochet, for example. Anyway, it went into my purse with a ball of yarn. Once I got to trivia, my friend Christy was immediately drawn to this simple tool. She is an experienced crochet-er and spent the whole time looping away. The result was this:

I'm planning to take it back next week for her to work on some more. Today, at work, I've been working on my own technique. I've got the chain down (mostly) but everything else is a mystery.

In other crafts, I'm getting nowhere fast. I still need to cut the pieces for the shirt and do more beading on the choker, although I've really lost my vision with that and have been putting it off. I did work on an old costume that needed to be hemmed, and I'm glad I got that done. Anyway, hopefully I'll have plenty to show next week. Have a good weekend.

No comments: